Skip to main content

Is Woman always right ?

There's a joke / meme below


It leads me to the thinking whether women are always right.
Few weeks ago, I and my hubby had an argument. He just started a new job few months ago and like others, he's been adapting and adjusting and just as he was settling down, the senior manager who hired him resigned and it gave a big blow to him because his team was pretty small, only 3 of them and with his manager leaving soon meaning that there's a higher chance that his division will be closed.

Well, we have been praying before he accepted this job and we had peace when he took this job but suddenly there's unexpected storm and he started to doubt whether we had made right choice.

At first, when I received the news, I was puzzled too, because I have been encouraging him to move on to this new job. But when I offered this through prayer, I had a peace and affirmation that we made the right decision.
Instead of looking the negative side, I was able to see the positive side. I told him that it's okay, you can do it, with no direct manager involved, you can do whatever you want like this is your own business. Perhaps this gives you an opportunity to take you to higher level of skills and knowledge.

He started to tell me the obstacles and challenges because his division has no support from higher management, no stock, no alliance etc.
I told him, it's okay, you could start it over, make alliance with supplier, looking for the project and start relationship with end users etc but again he argued that it's not as easy as what I think.

In the end, he just kept quite and didn't want to talk about it again because he felt that I didn't understand him and put high expectation on him.
On the other hand, I was thinking if I was doing anything wrong, because what I meant is to encourage him to look at positive side and change his mindset from the challenges to opportunities.
But it didn't work out and in the end, it became an argument.

Then, I just said a simple word to him "SORRY"

After that he told me his feeling that he felt I have changed and put high expectation on him to be strong all the time, and what he wanted was only simply acceptance if he's fail in the end.
And he also told me that he didn't need any solutions for his problem but only listening ear since he was more experienced in this industry than I am.

So I told him, ok fine, if that's what you want, I apologized and will keep my mouth shut and open my ears widely.
After we reconciled, and his mood has changed, I gave him some ideas and he accepted it.

The rest of the weeks, I just offered the prayer to God so that He can grant him strength, courage, joy, positive mind and energy, humility and wisdom.
Day by day, it gets better. And he told me that he didn't even understand why he's now more positive than before.
But I knew it where it comes from.

After this incident, when he wanted to give up, I just listened to him and never prompt him again, instead I offer it through prayer and let God give him a courage to face the storms and have faith.
Most of the time, it worked.

Few days ago, I was prompted by the story of Jesus's born. In the beginning, Angel told Mother Mary first the good news instead to Joseph. And in the end Joseph also was told with a dream about this good news.
It's just mirroring my life, sometimes God has prompted me first either to encourage him or to give him assurance but he may underestimate it because he thought that he's more experience and has knowledge about the real situation and he's the pilot of this family. Instead of telling him myself, I let God prompted him too.

And what Mother Mary did all the time was keep everything inside her heart but never stop praying to all surround her.

So is woman always right ?
It may be, because woman's intuitive is sharper and her feeling is more sensitive since she always uses her heart most of the time.
But the danger of it is when we always think that we are always right, we become self-righteous and self-centered and instead of submitting to husband, we act like the leader of the family.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w