Skip to main content

A Car Park Story


This is very simple story but have deep message for me.
Car parks in my block has top 10 favourite spots ("VIP") which is located near our lift lobby and many residents including me like to eyeing this spots because for the convenience sake. As usual yesterday after we came back from dinner, we got "VIP" spot because we came back early. But I knew that one hour later I needed to pick TR up meaning I might not be able to get in to this favourite spot again.

True enough, just after I stepped out from the lift lobby, I saw a shadow of light in the carpark, there's car was looking for the available "VIP" spots and seem that all are occupied, they were just about to go. On that moment, I had an intention to wait after the car has gone then I got into my car but on the second thought, I told myself that it's public car park anyway, every one pays the same rate and we have no right to keep it for ourselves so I just got into the car and that car turned back and waited for me to leave and occupied this spot.

After coming back from picking him up, I thought that the chance would be very slim to get into favourite spot since it's weekday and it's almost late, but I told myself, never mind, I just tried my luck.
In my surprise, there's a car that's going to leave from one of the favourite spots even tough it's not the same spot. I was amazed and exclaimed, God provides back !

From this incident, God is like speaking to me that sometimes we love ourselves to be attached into something that we don't really own. Our materials, children, job, power, fame are not ours. But we love to hold it tightly and don't want to let them go.
If we learn to understand that everything in this world is temporary and learning to let go and share with others, God will surely provide back whatever we need.
Sometimes God speaks in unexpected way in our daily life.
And it's just coincidence with yesterday's words of God from 1 Cor 7 : 30 - 31



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w