Skip to main content

Discovering My Personal Vocation

On January - February 2021, our cell group had this topic about discovering our personal vocation.

Even though more or less I had discovered it, but it's good to reflect and review it again. So here's the summary of my own personal vocation.

From my DISC personality test

I have large percentage as Influencer, followed with support and dominance and less in Compliance.


In my enneagram test, I am more in the enthusiast person followed with the achiever.

Seven

98% MATCH

Type 7 is described as The Enthusiast. Sevens want to have as much fun and adventure as possible and are easily bored.

Three

89% MATCH

Type 3 is also known as The Achiever. Threes want to be successful and admired by other people, and are very conscious of their public image.

Two

84% MATCH

Type 2 can be described as The Giver. Twos want to be liked and find ways that they can be helpful to others so that they can be loved and belong.

Eight

84% MATCH

Type 8 is also known as The Challenger. Eights see themselves as strong and powerful and seek to stand up for what they believe in.

One

81% MATCH

Type 1 can be thought of as The Perfectionist. Ones place a lot of emphasis on following the rules and doing things correctly.

Six

67% MATCH

Type 6 is also known as The Skeptic. Sixes are preoccupied with security, seek safety, and like to be prepared for problems.

Nine

66% MATCH

Type 9 is also called The Peacemaker. Nines like to keep a low profile and let the people around them set the agenda.

Five

51% MATCH

Type 5 is described as The Investigator. Fives seek understanding and knowledge, and are more comfortable with data than people.

Four

45% MATCH

Type 4 is known as The Individualist. Fours want to be unique and to live life authentically, and are highly attuned to their emotional experience.

Last but not least, for my career test, my suitable job is humanitarian means involving more with people.

Building
involve the use of tools, machines, physical skill. Builders like working with their bodies, plants, animals and outdoors.

Thinking
involve theory, research, intellectual inquiry. Thinkers like working with ideas and enjoy science, technology and academia.

Creating
involve art, design, language and self - expression. Creators like working in unstructured environments and producing something unique.

Helping
involve assisting, teaching, coaching, and serving other people. Helpers like working in cooperative environments to improve the lives of others.

Persuading
involve leading, motivating, and influencing others. Persuaders like working in positions of power to make decisions and carry out projects.

Organizing
involve managing data, information and processes. Organizers like to work in structured environments to complete tasks with precision and accuracy.

My top interest area is Creating
which indicates that my primary drive is to use my creative talents and express myself artistically through my work. I have a strong aesthetic sense and seek work that allows me to connect with experiences that stimulate the senses.
I enjoy art, music, drama, dance, architecture and literature and seek work that exposes me to various art forms and allows me to communicate my own vision among them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w