Skip to main content

Family trip to Holyland (28 May - 8 June 2023)

It's been our dream to bring our kids and parents to go to Holyland. My ultimate intentions are to bring my mom who's been wanting to go to Holyland since more than 10 years ago and through us we answered her prayer and desire, in addition I also want to let my dad know about Jesus that He's a true God and He's truly alive not some kinda of story fiction that's made up. I just hope that after this Holyland trip, he has a great desire to know more about Jesus, follow Him and wants to be baptised.

As for hubby, his great desire is to present our kids to God so that our kids can grow their faith, love God more and have great desire to put God first and follow Him till the end of time.

We prepared this trip 3 months and it's all by God's providence that we could get the Father to be our shepherd and other participants to fulfil minimum number of participants.

We prayed hard and do abstinence and fasting for these trips to make it successful and we are really grateful that by God's grace and providence, everything is going well and smoothly.

Starting from our journey from SG to Jakarta, then Jakarta - Dubai - Cairo, our activities, hotels, food, bus trip to different cities, countries and continents until we returned back to SG.

Our parents and kids were healthy, safe and sound even though there are times that my dad, my parents in law and our second son are not feeling well but they were able to join all the activities and no complaints about tiredness.

We feel so grateful and this is just a beginning of the journey.

Our homework are still a lot and it's a long journey. We will start to introduce our kids to the bible and family prayer as a family and as my mom, it's also just a beginning to introduce my dad to Catholic's faith.

This is the summary of our trip



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w