Skip to main content

Benvenuto Italy ( March 2011 )

Our last destination was Italy. We took a train from Interlaken to Venice.
When we arrived at Venice, the look was different from the rest of the city we have visited.
A lot of canals and old buildings. It had a different vibe.

All the small streets and bridge looked the same and we kept getting lost eventhough we had the map.
We tried gondola cruising around the city and it was not cheap but for once in our life, it was worth it.

After that, we moved to Florence.
It was a nice city with "tan" vibes. Most of the buildings and rivers were brown theme.
We also stopped by at Pisa Tower for taking a tourist style picture.

Our last city was Rome.
The first impression was the city's traffic was such a mess. With traffic jam here and there, people honking...it looked like third world country, hence with a lot of pickpockets made us more vigilant and unable to enjoy in the fullness when we were strolling the city.

We visited Tourist landmarks like Colloseum, Vatican City,  Church of St Peter and Paul, Fontana De Trevi, Pantheon etc.

One thing that we loved about Italy was the food. The pasta was so delicious, even we just bought at the street food stall, it was so fresh and delish.
The pizza and gelato were other winners. You won't able to get these taste anywhere else.

Piazza De Marco


Piazza De Marco

Canal and bridge at Venice

Rialto Bridge


Yummy pasta

Duomo at Florence

Pisa Tower and duomo

Pisa Tower and Duomo


Delish Italian Food

Italian Fine Dining

Florence City

Florence City 

Delicious gelato


Collosseum


Fontana De Trevi

Spanish Steps

St Peter and Paul Church at Valican City

Pantheon at Rome

One of Church at Rome




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w