Skip to main content

Journey to the North - Tromso (November 2012)

We have been busy with house planning and moving in the past one year especially when we did everything by ourselves therefore he initiated if we could travel only both of us.
Seeing Northern Light or Aurora Borealis was one of his bucket list therefore without hesitation, we started planning everything 3 months before our departure.

We did some searches and there were suggestions of the places where we could see Aurora Borealis and one of them was Tromso, Northern Norway.

So we took Finnair Flight from Singapore, transited at Helsinki and Oslo then we took Scandinavia Air to fly to Tromso.




When we were about to land, we were speechless because it was all covered by snow and beautiful black and white.

We arrived there in the afternoon and since it was early winter, the sun set pretty early around 3's pm.
We managed to go to the Cathedral and had early dinner.


At night, we joined the local tour group hunting for Aurora.
The weather was not so good at first because it was cloudy, however the tour leader was not giving up.
We moved from one place to another place in the darkest night.
Finally we managed to see a glance of Aurora Borealis dancing in the sky somewhere between Norway and Finland border.
We quickly took a picture before it's gone.
We felt satisfied and grateful to be able to tick one of the bucket lists.







The next day, we explored the city and went to the church for Sunday mass. The church was so empty only 8 of us.
The city was quiet and peaceful and saw many residents greeted and knew each other.
We loved this city much and will be back someday perhaps with our sons.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Happy Diwali - Family Fun Day

It's a family time after returning from business trip. We did bowling, foosball, lunch at KFC and hubby and kids continued with laser quest.