Skip to main content

All Saint and Soul's Day


Yesterday was All Saints' Day and Today is All Soul's Day. There's a wonderful message from this blog "Everyone has a potential to be a saint"

It's said that the first saint and martyr was St. Stephen and he was stoned lead by Saul who's now one of the greatest Saint in New Testament. And there were many saints who were murdered and because of their blood spattered, their murderer' s souls were redeemed and became saints too.
Quoted from that blog 

" There are the saints whose martyrdom was so beautiful that they converted their killers, murderers who later went on to become saints themselves. St. Peter Martyr was killed by Blessed Carino of Balsamo, Sts. Timothy and Maura by St. Arian of Alexandria. Even St. Maria Goretti’s killer, Alessandro Serenelli, may one day be canonized. "

I've never paid attention for All Saint's and Soul's Day before, but by God's Grace and Holy Spirit who ignited my desire to read the Saint's life story, it inspired me the way they live their life.
Most of them were like us, sinners but because of God's Grace, they were able to live their life turned into holiness.
Two common things I learnt from those saints :

1.  Detachment from worldly things

Some were born rich, some were born poor, some were born pretty and charming, some were born with imperfection. In the beginning they had attachment to what the world offer. Wealth, power, fame, approval, etc. But by God's Grace, there's a turning point that they realised that none of them were matter. What matter was their deepest heart, they were hunger for the truth and the key was detachment from what matters to the world.

Thus, there were saints who went to extreme, letting go all their richness and wealth and power and lived with nothing except people's generosity and mercy.
Some decided to live simply and humble but emit the radiant of God's love and mercy.
When we detach ourselves from what matter to this world, we are a FREE MAN and we are FREE to love God and others unconditionally.

2. Their Suffering redeems other's souls

Many uncounted saints died as martyr, some were in tragic death, some were sick but they rejoiced in the edge of death because they understood one common thing. Their sufferings and death were the sacrifice that could redeem many souls.
For them, it was such a privilege to die like Christ. 
Because of their detachment, they realised what are really matters, it's none other than redeeming other children of God's souls who may have been lost.
And for them, it's all worth it, sacrificing themselves so others may be saved.

We too are called to be saints in every way of our ordinary life. By detaching ourselves from what matters to the world, like power, fame, wealth, human approval, we are steps closer to become Saints.
I admit it's not easy, because we live in this world where temptations are so intense. But by asking Holy Spirit to remind and guide us, we believe that God's grace is sufficient enough.


Second thing, like Jesus said, when people slap your right cheek, give them your left cheek.
Meaning when people or even our closest kin hurt us with their words or actions, it's our privilege to be like a Christ. Perhaps by hurting us and we repay them in kindness and love, it will redeem their souls. They may experience God's love and mercy that transform their life forever.
When we experience sickness or critical illness, instead of complaining or ranting to God, we could give thanks to God, because it's such a privilege to be part of God's plan to redeem the lost souls.
Perhaps our sickness, the doctor will find the new cures that can help others and redeem their souls.

I, myself am still learning to do what the right things to do and more than often I fail too.
But God's Grace and Holy Spirit gave me the strength and courage not to give up, stand up and do it again in every moment of my life until my earthly time is up.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w