Skip to main content

A Pot of Plant

This morning when I was in the gym suddenly I felt discouraged.
I felt that I have done what I could do to build and expand the family builder community but nobody seemed really care about it. I didn't need the credit or whatever appreciation but what I needed is everyone in the community takes part to make it work.
I felt that I have been working all alone and everyone loves to be served but doesn't want to serve for many reasons.
I started to doubt myself if what I did was really God's will or it's just plainly my illusion.
What made me feeling that was when I started this #7dayschallenge to make marriage great again by doing simple acts of love, I kinda had the expectation that everyone was excited about it and loved to spread and share it to others but the responses and reaction I had were the opposite. Everyone was  quiet, there's no excitement, perhaps only one or two individuals.

I felt that why is it so difficult to make the world better place.
I almost wanted to give up, I almost considering to join the CEP group where everyone was so supportive to each other in the community and kinda spreading the positive energy to everyone.
But deep down inside, I felt that God's calling was to help those who were wounded, broken, hopeless and the family builder community needs me.

Then the evil voice started to discourage me
- what's the point of doing all this, if everyone is not supporting you
- you should stop doing this and mind your own family
- whatever you do, it will be useless because you can't change the person's heart
- you better join other group that make your efforts are more appreciated
- you are alone anyway, even your husband is not really supporting you

While in the gym, I keep asking God to give me a little hope, if there's one person in the group that care and supportive, it's and affirmation that God wants me to continue.

During my break between exercise, I checked my phone and saw a notification that one of our FB member shared the 7 day challenge in her social media.
In that instant, I only can smile and grateful to God that this is the instant answer of my doubt to affirm that this is the place I should continue to stay.

When I finished my gym session, I walked back home and I started my contemplation asking God why what I did was like useless. Everyone didn't really care about it.


God answered by reminding me of the pot of plant that I had at home.
He said when my son brought the pot of seeds from the school, he's very excited only a day then he forgot about that.
I had no choice to take care of this plant.
I had a little knowledge about what this plant was and how to take care of the plant and I didn't really bother to look for the information since this plant was not my interest in the first place.
But I always did the minimum requirements which were watering this plant and put it outside so that it got the sun ray to help it grow.

There were times that I forgot to water them or when I were overseas and the plant started to dry and withered but when I realised it, quickly I watered this plant and the next day it started alive again.
I seldom put attention to this plant but as days pass it grows taller and taller. Even there's new sprout in the soil.


Then God was telling me, this plant only needs one soul to take care of it. It doesn't need the whole family to make it stay alive, but only one person to commit to take care of this plant even without much knowledge. If nobody care, it will be dying soon.
You can choose to take care this plant or other plants in Flower Dome. But your effort to water the plants in Flower Dome won't have any big impact because there are many people who are already appointed to take care those.

It's similar to the community that you have been involved. You can choose to go to other marriage and family community who are already stabilised and you seemed to find the joy and support there but I sent you to the wounded ones, those who need supports and care. And they need at least one person to care about it.
Like a plant, you may not be able to see the changes in a short period of time but overtime you will see that it will grow, it's alive and new sprout is coming too.

Even though you feel that your efforts are wasted and couldn't see the result, you gonna need to trust Me that whatever you do for the wounded persons, the hurt and outcast out of love for Me, it will have a great impact in the time that you can't imagine.

Having this encouragement words from God is giving me an empowerment not to give up.
And I became eager to do fasting as my sacrifice for those who have hurt, the wounded heart, the hopeless marriage.

I really thank God for this encouragement words and analogy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w