Skip to main content

Happy 37th Birthday (9 April 2019) - House of Transfiguration



Today is my 37th Birthday and this birthday is really special.
I was born as new person with new spirit, new purpose in life and new me.

Yesterday night, our nearest church had sacrament of reconciliation and we as family went there and humbly asked God to forgive and grant us a grace and holy spirit so that we could start as new us striving for Holiness.

This morning, I woke up early around 5.30am and decided to have quiet time with God while everyone was still asleep. I prayed Rosary and asked for the spirit of humility and wisdom as well as guidance for today's big decision which is selecting unit for our 3rd house.

After I finished praying, I quickly went to church for morning mass to receive the Eucharist to strengthen and empower me.
Going home, my husband was asking if I already had an inspiration or answer for the unit that we were going to select.
I just kept silent and only told him, if it's meant for us, God will reserve it.

After sending the kids to school, we went to HDB Hub as our appointment was 9.55am.
We reached there around 9.30am since we had time, we had a look at the master plan map again.
The unit that I like was still available at that point of time and the other preferred units by my hubby were already taken out.

At 9.55am, we stepped to the room meeting with officer, after finishing off paper work, we were asked which unit we would like to choose and ta - da the unit that I like was still available it's #14-607, the highest floor in the complex.




We still can't believe it.
For me, the lesson learned is
1. When I decide to submit completely to my husband and God even though the result may not be according to what I want, God listens and provides for the best
2. His plan has started 4 years ago and still continue to be unfolded presently and the future, if I was not pregnant with my third child, we may not be able to get this house under Married with 3 child and above scheme.
3. The price for this unit is beyond our human ability. At first, our objective to get this second BTO is to pay off the debt in a short period of time but with this unit's price tag, it seems not easy in human eyes however, the good news is with this obstacles, it encourages us to depend more on God and not rely on our own strengths.



For my husband, the lesson learned is
1. His plan may not be God's plan. He wants to settle for the units that the price is within his ability and objective to pay off the mortgage loans so that he could slow down and not working too hard in his life, but with this price tag that we get right now, we don't know whether his objective will be able to achieved
2. God shows him that he's worthy to receive the best from God. He has this weaknesses of unworthiness to receive blessings from God and God proves it wrong

We decide to sanctify and offer this house back to God as the place where He will live and stay with us and whoever comes to our house will feel peace, joy and transformation in their life.
We call our new house is "HOUSE OF TRANSFIGURATION".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w