Skip to main content

Nothing Gonna Change My Love For You ( 04 April 2019 )


Today is our 11th Civil Marriage Anniversary.
It seems that today just like any other day because most of us only regard the Holy Matrimony as the official wedding day.
But, today I was reminded how great is our God and His throne is above any other gods in this world.

Flash back from where we started.
4 is the number that Chinese people believe it's not a good number because of "shi" has similarity with "dead".
When we registered our civil marriage, this was the only date that most couples didn't choose.
It's 04 - 04 and the available time slot was 04.45 pm.

For Chinese people, this is definitely not the good date for marriage.
We were against all odd.
We believed that there's no good and bad day or  date if we have God and depend on Him solely.

When we chose our first house, the first owner was divorced thus they were required to sell the house.  Nobody wanted it because it's not good fengshui especially it's not recommended for us who was going to get married.
But, again God has transformed this house with a blessing, we had our first son there and we felt the warm home with laughter and joy during our 4 years staying and the successor owner of this house aka our buyer was catholic too and they now were blessed with lovely children too.

Our second house was located at the 4th floor, where not many people chose too because of the number. Once again, God has proved it wrong, and shown He's more powerful than anything.
He transformed our second house becomes His house of blessings. We had our 2nd and 3rd children here.
This house welcomes everyone and used for our cell group, it's full of love, joy and laughter.

For the span of 11 years, we could see how God's works in us beyond our comprehension.
He takes care on us and never leave us struggling alone.

There are times when we face financial crisis, have disagreements, encounter marriage problems like any other couples. But through these things, God's grace is sufficient enough to take up daily cross. Each of us is purified and our love is getting stronger and stronger every time we overcome the tides.

So, today at 11 am when I was shower, I heard this song Nothing Gonna Change My love for you from youtube. It's an oldies song and his one of favourite songs.


And I just said to myself, wouldn't it be nice, if I can have a lunch meal together with him as to have simple celebration. He has told me this morning that he will have a lunch in the office with his colleague, so I just brushed off my thoughts. I told myself, ah it's alright, it's not really big deal anyway.

After shower, I started my quiet time and prayer. There, I reflected back how Great is God during the past 11 years.
Today is supposed my fasting day, however I don't have any "patients" that God sent to me. I'm thinking doing fasting as my thanksgiving as well as remembrance that there are many families surrounding us that may not so as blessed as us and I will offer today's fasting and rosary prayer for them.

In the middle of the prayer, my hubby called me and told me that he will be having lunch at home because his colleague is on leave.
I'm like What ?!?! it couldn't be happening, I'm exclaimed in joy.
God hears me even though it may not a big deal.

Then, just when I stepped out from the complex, God is telling me, have a feast. Don't fast.
This is a celebration of love, enjoy your lunch with your hubby.
I'm still puzzled because today is my fasting day. Then God assured me, sometimes God works in Sabbath day too, because of love.
God doesn't want me to have a rigid mindset and missing the point of fasting and focusing too much on  the rules that I set for myself.

He wants me to enjoy the day because He knows the deepest heart of mine.

So, today I feel so grateful for His un-ending love for us.
"My soul does magnify the Lord and my spirit has rejoiced in God my saviour. Because He has regarded the lowliness of His servant. For behold from henceforth all generations called me blessed."



Happy Anniversary my love !








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w