Skip to main content

Renew and Reconnect retreat

Today I served as keyboardist the recollection of KTM and PD KKIHS collaboration event with the theme Renew and Reconnect.

It's a heart warming to see the familiar faces and brought back the memory 15 years ago, the good old days when both of us were very active in KTM and PD KKIHS and served there happily without bothering about all politics in the church and the organization.





We attended 2 sessions today hosted by Fr. Valens and Sr. Euphrasia.

The first session was about Humility.

Humility is the foundation of Christian life like what St Augustine said in his quote.


Humility is not thinking about ourselves less but thinking less about ourselves.

And by God's grace alone we could have the spirit of humility otherwise our human nature will take control and we can become prideful. The most dangerous of pride is spiritual pride especially when we thought we are more knowledgeable and wiser than the rest. 

Humility is also the virtue that reminds us everything we have in this world is all God's gifts, we are here just a steward and we should be detach from these creations.

The second session was about Acedia, the laziness in our spiritual journey.

It's caused by three things, our own free will, the world and the devil.

The hardest part is to be self denial, dying for our own free will and faithfully obey God.

It also reminded us to be grateful and count our blessings and not focusing on our problems, something that I am not doing right now. I have been focusing a little too much about my work problems and neglect my family and other things. It takes away my peace, joy and my peaceful sleep.

The third session about Retarded souls


It's a good reminder if we never nurture our soul, we will be slowly going backwards and become further away from God. We will have a desire to sin as our human nature will take control and over power the Holy Spirit.

That's why we need to have self-commitment to

1. Pray - spending time with God so that our will is aligned with His will and asking God to give us a grace so we can be faithful to do His will every day

2. Listen and reading God's love letter - we won't have close and intimate relationship if we don't know who God is, thus we need to read, listen to His words

3. Fasting and almsgiving - Self denial, to die for ourselves, for our own wills as it can be deceiving

4. Guarded in the communities - We are not strong enough to handle all the temptations internal and external but with communities, they are able to support, remind and guide us when we are lost.

The last session about Live guided by Holy Spirit

We were reminded about the gifts of the Holy Spirit that we have received during baptism and Chrism however most of the time we limit the Holy Spirit to manifest through us.

We hardens our heart when our conscience poking us, we shut the truth when it's not according to our expectation.

It's a refreshing session especially when Sr. Stanisla prayed over me, all the burdens were taken away and I felt light.
Things may not change drastically, but I am able to surrender to God's providence.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w