Skip to main content

Reminiscence of First Love

This is what I thought during my contemplation and reflection.

We have been married for 14 years plus and going to be 15 years. We have been going through up and down in life together, sick and health, thick and thin, good and bad together.

 Just recently, we fought a lot here and there over the trivial matters.

The expectation bar was getting higher and higher and when we didn't get what we want from our partner, we felt hurt and thought that our partner didn't love us much.

When I first met hubby 17 years ago, he's such a humble and kind boy. He was in between job hopping, his finance was not stable and so was I.

We were not thinking much about money, as long as we were able to eat, enjoy the time together, we were happy. 

We talked a lot and almost everything under the sun. What attracted and impressed me were his patience, kindness and humility. He always listens and sometimes gives me advise that I never think of. He's very gentleman and caring.

I remembered what my mom said when I told her about his current situation. My mom told me as long as he's responsible man and same faith with you, it's alright. Both of you can build the family from the start together. That's why I decided to marry him even though he has nothing on his name.

After that, we had kids and no helper and I decided to be a stay at home mom, taking care the kids while he's a sole breadwinner to provide for our family.

Things are not always bed of roses. He had his struggles in his careers, he faced many challenges, "almost" dismissal etc. While I had my own struggle as stay at home mom. Taking care the household chores alone, three kids with no helper were not easy. Despite, I was given the opportunity to manage my small businesses when my youngest kid was still baby.

Both of us have grown to be more mature in life through different kinds of trainings. Even though sometimes we didn't feel each other's contribution and support directly but we knew that we supported one another in different ways.

3 years ago, God gave us blessing by letting me back to workforce to help in family's finance.

His way was very amazing, I was given a flexibility to work at home and still able to oversee the kids and was given good remuneration beyond our expectation. As I have been trained over 12 years to handle the house chores alone, I felt very easy to do the job.

Of course, it's not because of my own strength, but God provided everything I need for the works that I did. Things have move fast and few months ago I was promoted to different department and given pay raise 50%. That's another blessing from God.

When I received the pay rise and our wealth accumulated, I felt that I should be humble and live low profile, thus I decided not to splurge on physical appearances or appear in social media to get the "likes" and "followers" or "admiration/adoration".

My mission is clear, I just want to get the job done, helping the company to grow and profitable and wealth accumulated for paying our new house and kids' education.

As for him, it's the opposite of my mission.

He felt that he didn't have any confidence/self esteem in the past 12 years because of the financial status. And now we had wealth accumulated, his confidence is up and care about physical appearances, what he wears, what people think etc. He is now into social media as well.

This is where things started to deviate where our mission starting to be different.

He's easily getting emotional when he didn't get what he want from me and thought that I am selfish and never think about him. He wants me to change as he also change for my sake.

On the other hand, I feel trapped. I no longer able to share my feeling freely anymore, I can't give him any critics afraid that he took it differently. When he said sarcasm to me, I just kept quiet and ignored it.

I just felt that he's lost.

I wanted to help him, but I didn't know how. The more I talk, the more things that can go wrong.

Thus I only can pray to God to give me grace, strength, courage and wisdom to walk this journey with him and I pray so that one day his soul comes back to God, longing for God's love because I know that only God's grace and love that able to bring him back.

I always love him even he's gone astray and what I want is just his soul come back to God. He can hate or hurt me or make me as a scapegoat and I take that as privilege to bear the cross.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day 2023

This year's valentine is special. It's not just any celebration but it's a celebration of victory and marks the beginning of "new adventure". By God's grace and mercy, we reconciled during ME retreat last weekend. We were able to go back to where we were before the incident. I am full of love and able to share everything to hubby again. He becomes my best friend again, and it seems that love conquers all. And another challenge is now about "time". This first quarter is very busy period for me, traveling back and forth to Jakarta for business. Leaving my hubby and the kids behind is not a nice feeling eventhough there's a good thing on the other side of the coin as we are not taking each other for granted. As my gift of love, I want to give my precious time whenever I am available in Singapore to my hubby and the kids, thus in this valentine's day, I curated love coupons that he can redeem. Hopefully, this is something that can help us to comm

New Year Eve 2022

I am planning to hibernate during New Year Eve, sit down and doing some reflections and thinking about New Year resolutions, alas things may not happen according to my plan. I am very tired physically from the Malaysia trip. What I really want to do just sleep in and do nothing but what make me tired mentally is we fight over trivial matters. It started well this morning, we brought the kids out to West Coast for breakfast and strolled in the park. Hubby asked me what will be the plan for today as he wanted to give some year end speeches to the kids. I told him, I had no plan at all as I was very tired. I just wanted to stay at home and rest. He was quiet but I didn't notice it as I was quiet too to reflect what I have done this year and what will be my new year resolutions. When we went home everything was normal, I asked our helper to clean our car and did grocery for next week meals. While waiting the car wash done, I wrote this blog about our Malaysia trip. After she's done

Dreams come true - Cappadocia (day 7)

This is the highlight of Cappadocia which is hot air balloon ride. As it depends a lot on the weather, we were lucky that we could fly to watch sunrise. We were picked up around 5.30am in the morning to Urgup area and arrived 20 mins later. They provided us with light breakfast while they lit up the balloon.  We started riding it around 6.20am and it's so breathtaking to see the Goreme area and hundreds of balloon joining us. The sunrise is around 7am and by 7.30am we already landed safely.  We had champagne celebration and received certificate too and returned back to our hotel for breakfast. Around 10am, we were picked up for Green Valley tour. Stopped by at Goreme Panorama and Pigeon valley for photo spots. After that, we went to Underground city where Anatolian people lived underground to survive from natural disaster and dangers. It's amazing how they build the houses and lived there for a long period of time. Then, we continued our tour to Selime Monastery and Cathedral w