I felt a little sad and disappointed this Mother’s Day.
Maybe I expected too much.
Maybe I’ve been carrying so much silently that people no longer see it.
Or maybe… I’ve become “the strong woman” everyone assumes is always okay.
At the beginning, I already knew that having 3 boys probably means no romantic surprises, flowers, or emotional Mother’s Day messages 😅 So honestly, I didn’t expect gifts.
But deep down, I thought maybe there would at least be a simple special dinner planned for me.
Instead… nothing happened 😂
I still had to collect the shoes for our youngest son, settle a quick dinner for everyone, watch the family movie, clean the bed, and do simple household chores because our helper was off duty.
And somewhere in the middle of all that, I suddenly realised…
Motherhood can feel very invisible sometimes.
So this Thursday, I decided to give myself a small gift instead.
A little solo escape to JB:
2-hour massage,
movie marathon nobody else would enjoy 😂
(Michael Jackson documentary + Devil Wears Prada 2),
nice lunch,
slow moments,
and just breathing a little.
With our current financial situation, I know I need to postpone many travel dreams until the business picks up again.
But perhaps this season is teaching me something deeper.
Being a woman is already hard.
Being a mother is a refining process.
You learn how to keep serving even when nobody notices.
How to keep loving even without appreciation.
How to continue showing up, even when you are tired emotionally.
And maybe that is the hidden strength of mothers.
Well…
it is what it is 🌷

Comments
Post a Comment