I would also like to document a little progress of our business.
First of all, I want to thank Almighty God for His faithfulness, providence and guidance throughout this journey.
For the past eight months, He has sustained our business, even during the quieter summer season. Somehow, customers still came to us, and we had enough to keep going.
We have now expanded into another storeroom, so we have two spaces with a total of about 95 sqft. Our inventory has also grown as we slowly learn what our customers actually need.
Of course, there were many moments when I worried.
Will we have enough customers to cover our costs? Did I buy the right products? Are the jackets warm enough? Will they really keep our customers comfortable when they are somewhere far away in freezing temperatures?
But whenever those worries came, I felt God gently reminding me that this business is not only about me or about making a profit. There is a greater purpose behind it.
He will send the customers to us. My part is simply to take care of them and provide the best service I can.
There are also so many things that are beyond my control once our customers collect their items and travel overseas. The weather may suddenly change, temperatures may drop lower than expected, something may get damaged during the trip, or things may simply not go according to plan.
Those are the moments when I learn to surrender. I have done what I can, and the rest I leave in God's hands because He has control over the things that I don't.
One day, while I was at the gym, I suddenly had a vision of what WinterBuddy could possibly become in the future.
Perhaps one day we will have our own in-house brand, a warehouse in a nearby country and partners in different destinations carrying our products. Customers could come to us in Singapore to try everything and find their correct sizes, but instead of carrying all the bulky winter clothing from Singapore, they could simply collect everything when they arrive at their destination.
It would make travelling much easier for them, and at the same time, allow the business to grow beyond what we can manage from one small storeroom.
That is a long-term dream. We are definitely not there yet, and it will require much more resources to make it happen.
For now, we are still learning.
We are observing which products customers like, which ones work well, what they actually need and what we can improve. I also want to make sure our current inventory has paid for itself before we move into the next stage of developing our own products.
There is no need to rush.
I believe God will guide us one step at a time, just as He has done until now. I surrender the timing and the direction of this business to Him.
I'm also very grateful for hubby. He may not be involved in the daily operations, but he often gives me advice and different perspectives based on his experience and wisdom. Sometimes that outside perspective is exactly what I need.
And through all of this, I keep reminding myself of something that has stayed in my heart since I started this journey:
My calling is to be a shepherd — I just happen to be wearing the clothes of a Winterbuddy owner.
The business may be about winter clothing on the outside, but ultimately, it is still about taking care of the people God sends our way.
One customer at a time. One step at a time.

Comments
Post a Comment