Skip to main content

A Slave Vs A Free Man



Reflecting on Archbishop's wisdom words about wealth, happiness and success, I was inspired by this wisdom while I'm praying during my daily devotion.
It's about ATTACHMENT and DETACHMENT, It's about being the FREE MAN and being the SLAVE.



There are some bible verses in the bible about being freedom. And most of us don't really understand what it means by being FREE. 
When our mind, our heart, our body are attached to something, we are no longer free.
Being FREE meaning that we are detached from anything that causing us becoming hunger for more and chasing them endlessly.
Things in this world like money, power, recognition, approval, health are all in neutral position. There are neither good nor bad. However, we are the one who have a free will to choose whom we wanna be

From my reflection, there are some different characteristic of being Slave and a Free Man.

1. FREE MAN is Detached, SLAVE is attached
For eg, when we are the master of money, we won't be worry too much about whether our money is enough or not. When we are attached to God, we trust in God's providence that God always gives us enough for our needs.
However, if we are the slave of money, we will say that we never have enough money, we will be constantly worry about our future, our children's education, etc and chasing endlessly even some people go to the extend sacrificing their family and loved ones 

2. FREE MAN feels contented, SLAVE feels never enough
When we feel contented about ourselves, happy with who we are and our value is not defined by other's approval, we are the master of ourselves.
On the contrary, if we always feel that we are never enough, haunted and subjected by other's approval especially in this social media age. Unknowingly, we are the slave of others

3. FREE MAN feels indifference, Slave finds the difference
What I meant is that in every situation, either good or bad, when we detach from things, our faith is not controlled by them. We are indifference with having or losing temporary blessings. 
Most of people have faith when God give them what they want, for eg good health, everything that is good according to them.
But when sickness, misfortunes come, they are disappointed, start losing their faith.

As I wrote this, I am still human with limitation and weaknesses, it doesn't mean that I never feel disappointed when everything does not go according to my expectation. However, I learn to let it go and feel contented with what I have.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Since I Found You

Today's mood is this song. SINCE I FOUND YOU I think of you in everything that i do To be with you what ever it takes i'll do Cause you my love, you all my heart desires You've lighten up my life forever i'm alive Since i found you my world seems so brand new You've show me the love i never knew Your presence has spark my whole life through Since i found you my life begin so new Now who needs a dream when there is you For all of my dreams came true Since i found you Your love shines bright Through all the corners of my heart Maybe you are my dearest heart I give you all i have my heart, my soul, my life My destiny is you Forever true... i'm so in love with you Since i found you my world seems so brand new You've show me the love i never knew Your presence has spark my whole life through Since i found you my life begin so new Now who needs a dream when there is you For all of my dreams came true Since i found you My heart fo...

As for me and my house will serve you Lord

Finally, I’ve joined the boys in serving at the Eucharist. It’s not my time, but His time. Two of the communion ministers were unable to serve on Sunday morning and requested to move to the Saturday sunset Mass. This left the group leader looking for replacements — and he thought of me, knowing that my hubby has been serving at Mass for 10 years. I said “yes” to the invitation, and so began my journey: the commissioning Mass on 3rd August, a Day of Recollection on 9th August, and my very first duty on 10th August. It is such a privilege to offer Jesus, in the Body of Christ, to His sheep. As I looked into the eyes of each parishioner receiving the Body of Christ, I saw so many different expressions. My prayer is that this gift of the Body of Christ will strengthen them in their journey, whatever season of life they are in. 

What to do when you don't know what to do

I’ve been absent from writing the blog for quite a while, as I felt there wasn’t any story worth sharing. But today, I want to share something that happened in August. For some time, I had been waiting and praying, asking God to show me whether I should persevere with this winter rental business. I often felt that all my efforts were in vain, and I had reached the end of my wits, unsure of what else to do. In my prayer, I asked God specifically for a sign: if there was even just one try-on appointment in August, it would mean that He still blesses this business and that it remains aligned with His plan. That very afternoon, I suddenly received a WhatsApp message from a man who wanted to arrange a try-on session for the next day. I replied quickly, asking for details — and to my surprise, he said 10 adults were traveling together! I immediately told my husband, though I also explained that we didn’t have enough stock for such a large group. My husband encouraged me to call and explain t...